Kettle has a chip on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Michael

TVWBB Pro
Well my new (6 months old or so) Blue OTG has about a quarter size circle where the paint "popped off" I really dont see a nick or a hole where it has fallen. One time it fell over, but it had the cover on and was on the grass. Anyway...nothing major just a black circle on the bowl. Directly behiend the circle inside the bowl is the angle bracket or whatever where it is welded. No big deal I suppose...I just dont want it to rust over the years. Ill spray cooking oil on it time to time to prevent rust.

If you bought it new then I would call CS at Weber. They usually will come to your rescue and send you a new one.

Let us know what they say and do for you.

I have a friend who owns a Spirit E-310 and some of the paint chipped off and the Weber distributor here in Germany replaced it for free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
No big deal I suppose...I just dont want it to rust over the years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary, It is a big deal and It will rust with the porcelain chipped off. Call Weber and get a new one.
icon_wink.gif

Update: Well I called Weber and they are going to send me a new bowl. Two thumbs up for Weber....great customer service.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Update: Well I called Weber and they are going to send me a new bowl. Two thumbs up for Weber....great customer service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar experience with Weber. I bought a new SJP and ended up with a chip in the enamel after I put it all together, and it's probable that I caused it. I called Weber to ask if some of the high temp grill paint would be a good option to prevent rust, and they sent me a new bowl.

I liked Weber products prior to that experience and love them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back