Performer Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Hubbard

TVWBB Member
I got a new Performer last summer and bought the Weber cover for it. The cover fits nice and snug and looks good when it's on. Trouble is that any reasonably strong breeze causes the thing to lift right up and fly off the grill. Anyone else have this trouble?

I put a brick on the extension table, which is ugly and leaving a terrible spot on the cover. But even then, the cover has flown completely off twice and often the cover blows off the kettle anyway.

I'm just not sure what to do. It's an expensive cover, but it's kind of silly that it only works when the weather is nice.

Ideas?

Steven
I had it happen once (in 18 months) I thought that it was my fault that I did not have the cover on properly. Mine is now stored in a sheltered area so that may be why it hasn't happened again.
Report it to Weber CS
A couple of velcro straps underneath would fix the problem.

regards

While the Weber Premium covers look nice, I'm not all that wild about the mesh vent on them. We get a little rain here in the Pacific Northwest and most of my grills are in the elements and and they just don't do the job-so here in the land of blue tarps I cover mine with the Green Char-Broil covers. Blasphemy-I know but they don't leak and my investment lasts a little longer.

You might try a long bungee cord to keep the cover from flying off.

Mine is on a screened in porch so I guess that helps. I haven't had that problem.

You might try linking two bungee cords together to place a around the lower leg section if you can't find a single that's long enough.

You could also install two ferrules (like you see on tarps) on the bottom of each end panel of the cover and use short bungees to run from the installed ring/eyes in the tarp to the bottom shelf.

Interesting, I have a premium cover and there's no mesh section.

Premium Performer Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back