CSRs on a Saturday night

Sean H

TVWBB Pro
Country style ribs were buy-one, get-one at Winn Dixie this week. Pretty good reason to cook some up for dinner Saturday.

Here they are, about an hour after I rubbed them up and put them on indirect at about 325-350:

6656599617_5127c662c9_b.jpg

After they got some good color and smoke (I used a little bit of apple wood), I put them in a bath of tomato-garlic BBQ sauce. Credit to the Big Bob Gibson's Book of BBQ for the sauce recipe. I finished cooking them in the sauce for maybe another hour:

6656600585_725d9e269e_b.jpg

Here's a plated pic. Thanks to my lovely lady, we had a smorgasbord of sides: mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts and cornbread. My Brussels sprouts were camera shy, so when I was about to take the picture, they hid behind a bunch of bacon:

6656601321_59fb637233_b.jpg

This was a great meal. The CSRs were great. They had just the right texture I was going for, and we both really enjoyed the flavors the CSRs got from the rub, smoke, and sauce.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
All my favorites! Love it!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was all pretty tasty. My dad always does CSRs like this, just in the oven.

Back