Steamer Pot Alternatives

Have you tried your mega-supermarket? I found my IMUSA pot at my local grocery store.
The first one I bought didn't fit so I returned it and bought another one that fit much better.

I got mine online from Target. $21.88 and $13.88 shipping with a few other items I added to the online order. Note that if you go this route you might need to crimp the rim to make the lid fit. I did this and actually I think crimping is better because you can make the lid fit very snug this way.

My local Kroger has been stocking the 20qt IMUSA steamer pot for $19. I thought about asking the manager if they could order some of the 32qt pots but I ended up ordering from Target instead.

Paul just make sure it's the right one.John Ford is right if you order from Amazon $25 or more shipping is free.I have ordered lots of stuff from Amazon over the years and so far very happy.

Is amazon selling the correct pot? I seen post about the china made being the only ones that work? That's why I was worried about ordering from Amazon.

you can use a 10-16gal drum instead of a steamer pot.

40637_1561166674685_1400856699_31452118_4287239_n.jpg

The IMUSA pot that fits best is made in China. The other IMUSA pot is made in Colombia and is a different size. If Amazon says the pot in made in China, it should be the right one.

Hehe Richard, I quoted myself saying
Is amazon selling the correct pot? I seen post about the china made being the only ones that work? That's why I was worried about ordering from Amazon.
Amazon does not show the place of origin that's why I was asking.

The IMUSA pot that fits best is made in China. The other IMUSA pot is made in Colombia and is a different size. If Amazon says the pot in made in China, it should be the right one.

Target sells IMUSA pots online. You might check your local Target.
Otherwise, you might try your small, Hispanic markets.
As a last resort, order from Amazon and return it if it's the wrong size.

Hehe Richard, I quoted myself saying

Amazon does not show the place of origin that's why I was asking.

FWIW, I just bought the IMUSA pot from Amazon and it is made in China and fits my Smokey Joe Silver perfectly. If you look at the Amazon reviews and sort by Newest First, you'll see a recent review on June 6 stating that the pot fit a Weber gold perfectly.

Back