Genesis E-320 feedback

Kevin Thomas

TVWBB Member
I'm in the market for a Genesis E-320 (propane)and have read good reviews on here and other sites. My only real concern is when I've been browsing at local stores and have asked how hot the grill can get, the answer is usually "about 500*." I was expecting at least 600-650*. Is the 500* mark typical of the high temp on these grills?

Thanks for the input.

Mine (E-320) typically goes beyond 600 fairly quickly, but not up to 700. So I think your expectation are realistic.

Paul

Kevin
The Genesis 310 and 320 range, (SS and Enamel) have just been released in Australia for the Australian BBQ season. I used one for the first time on Sunday in preparation for demonstrating them. The temp got up to over 600 in less than 10 minutes. I cooked a 1" Porterhouse Steak at 3 minutes per side and compared it to the same steak cooked on a Q120, Q220, Q300 and a Go Anywhere using Lump. All were cooked with the lid down.
As everyone will agree, there is nothing better than direct over lump for a steak.
The E320 produced the best out of the gas BBQs however it was a marginal call.
We used my method of cooking all the steaks to be able to compare apples with apples.
We brushed the steaks with a little vegetable oil and seasoned them lightly with a little sea salt on one side before putting them on the grill. All were cooked with the lid down and the burners on high. We turned them at the 3 minute mark and removed them at the 6 minute mark. No steaks stuck to the grill, all released easily.

All steaks were cooked to medium doneness and were cooked evenly, they were full of juices, with great caramalization, true steak flavour, were able to be cut with a bread and butter knife and melted in your mouth.

Every one agreed that the steak cooked on the Weber range exceeded restaurant quality.

I found the E320 to be so good that I just ordered one for myself plus the cover, grill light and vegetable basket. (Not that I dont have enough BBQ toys already)

"Her Indoors" aka "SWMBO" (She Who Must Be Obeyed) got a bit gloomy when I told her - however she has the BBQ season to get over it.

The E320 retails for $1499 here in Australia and is well worth the money.

Regards

Kevin
I should have added in my last post that I demonstrate cooking for Weber Australia every Saturday from mid October to the end of January which is the prime BBQ retail season. I am employed full time as a Logistic Engineer, I have my own business as well. I do the BBQ gig because I am a BBQ cooking fanatic and love the diversity of the job in comparison to what I normally do, I get to talk to a wide range of people on something that I am passionate about, it is both entertaining and fulfilling. I am at a point in my life where the money that I earn from this does not come into the equation as a high priority.

Regards

I have the EP-320 and have also gotten mine over 600 degrees. Very even heating might I add. I have the black one and I highly recommend it.

Back