Temp on rotisserie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony W.

TVWBB Fan
Hey guys, just got a rotisserie and was wondering if I can stick my performer thermometer into the meat as it turns to monitor for doneness.

Anthony

I did with my Tel-Tru but coated the face of it with Vasoline so it wouldn't get coated over with smoke. I left it in the whole time with no problems.
Picture653.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Anthony W.:
Hey guys, just got a rotisserie and was wondering if I can stick my performer thermometer into the meat as it turns to monitor for doneness.

Anthony </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope!

Maverick has a Rotisseie remote thermometer that is on my list, there are also some button thermometers like Roberts that would work as well.

Robert
How long did the rib roast take on the rotisserie and at what temp I am guessing at 1.25 hours at 375-400F
I want to do a combination sear and rotisserie and I am thinking about 2 1/2 minutes a side (bare) and about 45 minutes on the rotisserie with a caramelised onion and rosemary mop.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back