Chicken Breasts, Salmon, Vegetables on the Q

Jay
Are you trying to compete with me? LOL

Looks like we have another devotee to spread the word and sing the praises of the humble Weber Q and it;s awesome ability.

Keep up the excellent work

Regards

Hi there Phil & Jay,

I've been cooking Zuchinis,eggplant,onion rings,capsicum, mushrooms, pumpkin, potatos pretty much 3 days a week average on my little Q120 and it does a great job of putting that char flavour into those vegies.
Actually it's probably one of the only non-plated (griddle) grills that you can place onion rings on and not having the little bits constantly falling between the bars.

A simple little recipe (if you can call it that!!) that I like to cook on the grill from time to time and everyone just loves it is:
You take one big bulbous egg plant,(not the skinny ones)cut it up into 1 inch slices as you would for potato scollops,grill both sides till it's got nice grill marks on it and browned, on one side of the eggplant slice, spread a good dollup of hot salsa dip then top it of with grated cheese(i use mostly cheddar), put the lid down again for about 5 minutes untill the cheese melts ontop,take off and let cool a bit because the eggplant slices will be very hot and by this time a little soft.

The wife loves it, and everyone I've made it for loves it...I always use the HOT salsa but you can use mild or medium if you want.
So simple yet so tasty!!

Love my little Q
icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Davo

Jay - looks great - I love cooking on my Q220 - the grill marks are just awesome looking.

One question - I saw the picture of the dog - is that a "Alabama" scarf the sweet looking animal is wearing!

Pat

Phil, I'm just an amateur w/ the Q
icon_frown.gif
. You're the forum guru w/ the Q! There's not much technique on my part other than firing up the grill, setting it on high, and tossing food on it. I can learn a lot from you w/ regards to indirect techniques, sauces, recipes, etc. It just shows that it's very easy to grill w/ the Q.

Pat, you're right. A friend who lives in Oneonta, AL gave my dog a Roll Tide bandana.

Thanks for the suggestion Davo.

I sprinkled salt on the eggplant first and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Then I rinsed it off. I think I saw this on the Food Network to draw out some of the bitterness.

I prefer the taste of charcoal, but the Q is so convenient to cook something quickly.

Jay,
Actually you have the technique exactly right, light, preheat, throw food on in an eye-catching manner, grill and turn over, grill and remove.
I like the charcoal taste as well. I use the performer or a kettle of a weekend when I have the time. With our busy lifestyle The Q is used a lot of the time.

Regards

Originally posted by Jay Yurine:
Last Monday, the weather was perfect for grilling so after work, I tossed these on the Q:

The salmon is for my wife. I'm not much of a fan of salmon. The vegetables are asian eggplant and zucchini.

Here are the links:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...2031/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...2343/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...0152/in/photostream/

Nice Pics! Question, why did you prefer the "Old Smokey" over the WSM??

Richard

WSM Classic, OTG 22 1/2" with Smokenator

Back