Polder Praises

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello everyone,
I did a prime rib roast last night. Because of the temp and wind I decided to do it in the oven. I basically followed Chris' temp and time directions, but I used a Beef Marinade which I got out of John Willingham's book. Using the Polder thermometer made this the easiest piece of meat that i have ever cooked, and our dinner guests raved about it! I really don't know how I got along without it all of these years. Anyway I just thought that i would share my experince with you all. A happy, safe holiday to all!

Derek

Derek, what temp did you cook to? I have a rib roast in the freezer, going to do it New Years day. My wife doesn't do rare, so I was going to go for medium rare in the middle and more med well on the outside. I was going to shoot for 135, does that sound about right?

Thanks
Doug W

[This message has been edited by Doug Wilbur (edited 12-27-2000).]

Hi Doug,
Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been away for the last four days. I would say that if your wife doesn't like it rare to bring the internal temperature to almost 140*F and then wrap it in foil for 20-30 min. If you like it rare, you might consider a lower temp and giving her an end cut. I cooked mine to 138F and let it sit for a half hour. I hope this helps.

Derek

Thanks Derek, as luck would have it we didn't do the roast for the 1st. Gonna do it Super Bowl weekend. I think I will shoot for 135-140 and the let her and the other's have the end cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back