12 inch grill grate

J Boldt

TVWBB Super Fan
does anything like this even exist? I have a smoky Joe mini smoker and would like to have and elevated rack. I could literally have 4 levels inside my smoker, think of all the wings that could be cooked with that setup.

Thanks,
Jeff

Did yuo custom make one or where did you get it?
How about some pics and we can see what you're looking at.
AJ

If you're looking for something smaller than the standard SJ grate to elevate and still fit within the dome, how about a SJ charcoal grate?

Pat

George, I am looking for an elevated grill that will sit on top of my current grates. It would have to be slightly smaller in diameter than the standard 14 in grates so I can get it in and out.

Pat, the charcoal grate might work but I would be concern that it would rust. On option that I might consider is the inside rack from the gourmet bbq system. it is 12 inches in diameter it could work out perfectly. I have two racks in my mini SJ I could get 4.

I have done that with two racks from Academy Sports with 5" carriage bolts (4 each rack). I set these on my two existing racks to create 4 total. There should be pictures on page two - Mini Smoker Mod post - of my setup. I have done this with every Weber I have owned since the '70's. It doubles the capacity.

Back