Juice of one lime
1TBS. brown sugar
1 TBS. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3 TBS. liquid smoke
6 TBS. chili powder
6 TBS. ground cumin
8 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
2 cups shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend cheese (for garnish)

Heat olive oil in large cast iron pot on high heat. When oil is hot, add the cubed beef and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. When beef is browned, remove from pot and set aside, Drain any liquid from the pot. Return pot to stove and, on medium-high heat, cook the pork sausage and chopped onions until sausage is cooked and onions are translucent. At this point, return the cubed beef to the pot along with all the remaining ingredients. Stir well, cover, and simmer on low to medium-low for 3 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally, until beef brisket is tender and chili has thickened. Ladle into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese blend & sliced green onions. Serves 8-10

Hey Tom thanks for the post. Looks really interestig. Is that 2 7-oz cans of salsa verde? Or is it something else?

Thanks. I'm gonna do this recipe this weekend.

Picking up the briskets tomorrow. Can only get flats. I'm thinking of using a wet chili rub. What did you use if anything?

Actually, I didn't use any rub on the brisket when I made this, just a little salt and pepper when browning it. I'm sure most any rub would work.

Thanks Tom,

Somehow I had it in my head that the brisket was BBQ'd first then put in the pot.

Made it tonight. It's pretty nice. A little spicy I think for most folks but I like it.

Back