Any MOD for access door knob?

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
I have had it with the cheap access door knob. Its always loose. Can it be tightened? I have tried but had had no luck.
icon_mad.gif

Has anyone done a MOD on this? Maybe replacing it with a better Knob?

If by "loose" you mean the knob turns freely when the door is in place, just bend the latch a tiny bit toward the door so it engages the body of the cooker more tightly.

Another approach is to gently shape the curvature of the door so that it has to be pushed tight in order to latch--sort of a spring effect.

If by "loose" you mean the knob is coming off the threaded thingy, then always turn the knob clockwise. That way you're always tightening the knob, not loosening it.

Marking the door knob is a big help, too.

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If by "loose" you mean the knob is coming off the threaded thingy, then always turn the knob clockwise. That way you're always tightening the knob, not loosening it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats what I mean. Thanks Chris, I will do that.

Thinking about this a little more, you might try a drop of Locktite or similar...the stuff that locks nuts and bolts?

Regards,
Chris

Back