Say Cheese!

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Sorry I haven't been posting or replying much lately. I have been really busy lately and my computer needs some serious repairs. But anyways here is some sharp cheddar I smoked the other day using hickory on the mini WSM.

Smokestack in action

Mini chuggi'n away

Color

I have done many different types of cheese and have used different woods. This always seems to be the favorite. This was my first time using the mini WSM and it really made the job much easier. Now I have been asked to make some for the Superbowl. I can't believe I also smoked some salmon in it the other day and didn't tke any pictures!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Now I guess I will be doing more of that soon as well.

Great looking cheese! The weather has been so nice here that I haven't been in the mood to cold smoke anything yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Solak:
Great looking cheese! The weather has been so nice here that I haven't been in the mood to cold smoke anything yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, the weather has been pretty nice here too. I had to wait for a really cold night. Stefan, it took me about four hours to get the color in it. Thanks for all of the other great replies everyone!

Shaun, the cheese looks great. The minis are a beast, there's not much they can't do. What is the smoke stack set up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Thanks, I just kept the thermometer below 100. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the key, or you end up with some very oddly shaped blocks of cheese.

You must have been able to keep it pretty cool, your cheese looks perfect.

Back