Turkey Salad

Bill M.

TVWBB Member
I have some left-over smoked turkey and was wondering if someone had a good turkey salad recipe. I searched the recipe folder and only found a recipe for chicken salad. Should I simply substitute turkey for chicken and use that one?

FYI: I used Keri's Apple Brine Recipe on the turkey.

Are you familar with Waldorf salad? It's usually cubed tart apple mixed with diced celery, walnuts, and raisins, bound with mayo. Something along that line immediately comes to mind. Cube the turkey meat and add it to the above. Pecans would be a good substitution for walnuts (toast the nuts lightly whichever you use), and dried cherries would be a welcome substitution for the raisins. A little squeeze of lemon and a touch of Dijon mixed with the mayo first would be a good idea. If you wanted a bit more (or different fruit), green seedless grapes could be added, either left whole or cut in half lengthwise. Served on mixed greens with a hunk of really good whole grain bread and a wedge of sharp cheddar and you'd grab my attention!

I used some leftover smoked Turkey with Chipotle mayo, some celery and a bit of onion. I cut the worcestershire in half to make it a bit thicker and use smoked habaneros to make it really hot myself. Love the stuff.

Spicy, best darn turkey buns ever, I thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Love the stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Me, too. I can just eat it with a spoon. For turkey sandwiches I like making chipotle mayo with a little cherry preserves for a little fruit and sweetness (I melt it first so it mixes in better), but I have a jar of habanero and berry jelly a friend made that I'll be using next time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For turkey sandwiches I like making chipotle mayo with a little cherry preserves for a little fruit and sweetness ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Cool Kevin, sounds like an evolution of the turkey, mayo, cranberry sauce buns I used to enjoy in the pre-smokin days
icon_smile.gif

I take my left turkey run it thru my food processer. Then add a block (8 oz) of cream cheese with a litle bit of horse radish to taste not to over power it. Makes a great cracker dip.

Back