New to the Stoker and have some questions for you guys

Buster Davis

TVWBB Member
Hey, I just ordered a stoker unit from Rock. I got it in the mail the other day. I was wondering what i needed to do to use this add-on software that Amir has but together. I am not that familar with it but it looks to have some cool features that enhances the stoker. Is there a manual available for this ad-on. Does it update the firmware on the stoker or does it require a separate dedicated pc.

Hi Buster, I know the feeling, when I first picked-up my Stoker I was looking for direction on using the Stoker and then Stokerlog. I started laying-out a beginners guide based on what I'd learned by trial, error and the advice of other stoker users on this site but it hasn't gotten past layout phase. I have several long flights coming up over the next 60 days so my hope is to spend my downtime on the plane moving this project forward.

With that said, I'm not aware of any documentation other than what you'll find here on using Stokerlog. The system is pretty intuitive and easy to use/figureout. My biggest challenge was finding info on how to build my fire, vent position, clay saucer or foiled pan etc. Honestly, Stokerlog was probably the easiest part of the setup.

To answer your questions regarding firmware it Stokerlog does run on a pc.

I know I've asked tons of "dumb" questions regarding Stoker, Stokerlog and Stokertimer, it might be helpful to read posts in this area that were started by me. I received excellent feedback and help from the Stoker vets on this site. If you're not finding your answers just ask the question here. Lots of good help available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buster Davis:
Hey, I just ordered a stoker unit from Rock. I got it in the mail the other day. I was wondering what i needed to do to use this add-on software that Amir has but together. I am not that familiar with it but it looks to have some cool features that enhances the stoker. Is there a manual available for this ad-on. Does it update the firmware on the stoker or does it require a separate dedicated pc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way to start is install nothing. Just hook up some probes and a fan to the stoker, plug it into your network (assuming you have a router), then turn it on. You can then go through the menu items on the from of the stoker under system to find your IP address or log into your router and find it there. Once you know what the address is, just type in into the address line of your browser. Play with it from there. Remember to associate your control probe to the blower. Change the temps around, rename the probes and get the hang of what's going on and how this is going to work. When you get a handle on that, install Amir's program, plug in the IP address and have some fun.

Back