Master Touch vs OTG one in the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob L

TVWBB Super Fan
I see references to Master Touch and OTG. I own a OTG and it looks like the pictures of the Master Touch I have seen on this forum.

So my question is, what is the difference?

mastertouch has the tuckaway lid holder and the therm in the lid (ala a performer)..... OTG, unfortunately, has neither of those... doh
hope that helps

Weber Does not list the Mastertouch on their website nor have I ever seen one for sale locally. Is this product limited to certain parts of the country?

no problem...
yes, it seems like theyve been discontinued since at least the mid-late 90s so its been a while.... too bad because it does combine everything I want in a basic kettle...i know that Weber in Germany has a limited edition OTG that is essentially a mastertouch... its pretty nice looking.. black handles and a Mica gray paint scheme....

Just keep checking CL, eventually one pops up. That's how I just got mine ($50 + 65 mile round trip = $70) It's nice having the built-in lid holder and lid thermometer.

And now my OTS will be passed on to some friends. They bought a house and still need a grill, might as well start 'em out with a good one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan:
i know that Weber in Germany has a limited edition OTG that is essentially a mastertouch... its pretty nice looking.. black handles and a Mica gray paint scheme.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also had the same Limited Edition few years ago in Finland and I managed to get one of the last ones. Unfortunately it does not have the lid holder, thermometer in the lid is there. I do have the lid holder accessory from Weber, but only use it for short high heat cooks since it props the lid open a bit and lets quite a lot of air in. It's quite hard to keep temps down (relatively speaking of course, I use WSM for low-and-slow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back