Rottiserie arrived

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
Well I got it in the mail the other day, and used it for the first time last night. After like a year of wanting one, but never getting around to buying one, I took the plunge. Impressed with the quality and fit. Looks like it will last a long time. I started with a chicken, and was impressed. It cooked quicker than I though it would as well. ALready thinking of other things to put on there.

Glad you are lovin it. I have 3, one for the Kettle, one for the gasser, and one for the WSM. Can't say for sure if that's anal retentive, obsessive compulsive, or impulse buying, but I won't give up any of them

I don't know why I waited so long to get my rotis. I've been grilling for years and years on everything from a $150 unibroil from Walmart to a $2000 DCS gas top... Yet I never ever had a rotis until I finally went old school and bought my 22.5 Kettle a few weeks ago. Best move I ever made.

Wait till you do Prime Rib on it! You'll love it. Check out my first Prime Rib (w/pics)

I've already got all kinds of new stuff for my rotis. I got the Rib-O-Lator of course (Bob is one of the best guys around to deal with. He even called me to help me out. I'll be a customer and spokesperson for him for life.) I've also got new forks... don't really know why. They're four prong - though I don't know what 4 prongs are for... but they're neat. I also got a couple of baskets on the way too. It never ends.

I am waiting as I type, for a call back on a Craigs list score I found. Weber rotisserie used with box and all parts for 20$ Hope it pans out.

I do a turkey every year for Thanxgiving on the rotiss. Hands down, everyone's favorite. Brine in the Apple Brine recipe on the home page, and season it with my southwest spice rub.

I got one in May and love also, I did a chicken first and found also it finished faster than I thought it would 1.25 hr. It was juicy and golden brown. a week later I did a 3 bone prime rib 6 lbs. I was a little nervious about over cooking it, used a thermoter and removed the roast when it hit 125. The center was a little rare, but juicy and delisious. next time I will take it to 130. I want to do a ham real soon.

Back