Performer gas assist issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexx Collier

TVWBB Member
My performer is less than a year old but lately when I try to use the gas assist it doesn't work so well. I get a great flame for about 2 seconds and then it dies down to hardly anything. I've tried two tanks and one small bottle and its the same. Any ideas as to what would be causing this? I haven't had a chance to dig into it too much yet cause every time I remember too, its when I get ready to grill so I just break out the old chimney.

Slight problem with the gas pressure regulator, or the orifice is plugged.

Try cleaning the orifice with a needle or pin. Also clean the burner tube, and make sure the venturi is not blocked.

If that doesn't help, then it is probably the regulator. When you do get it going, try tapping the regulator with a screwdriver handle. If the flame surges and doesn't hold steady, then something is wrong with the regulator. They have been known to go bad.

Call Weber CS, as it may be under warranty depending on grill age, or you may have to buy it. Good luck.

I tend to think that Weber may be best to have a good look at those regulators they use for the performer gas starter because I had to have mine replaced only after 3-4 months after purchase from brand new.

I will point out that Weber service was very good and nothing was a problem and had it fixed within a couple of weeks...no questions asked.
Weber service guy was very good and due to the fact that the performer are a slow seller down here in Australia, it's the first bad one he has come accross and he couldn't work out was was wrong with it so he just replaced the whole new starter and gas unit.

It's also been written in these forums that you turn the gas control slowly towards the on position then hit the lighter button and sometimes that is supposed to work.

I guess the positive thing here is that there is more than one way to skin a cat.....being a charcoal machine...we can light it manually the old way with firelighters or a large newspaper but those using strictly gassers that don't light up will eventually have to call Pizza Hut LOL

Cheers

Davo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back