STOKER FIX FYI - READ

Brad H.

TVWBB Fan
Ok...I put this in a new thread so that all will read who has a stoker...just in case this happens to anyone else...you'll not have to spend so much time sweating this out...

For some reason after my Buffalo Ethernet Converter had some difficulties my Stoker would not accept a dynamic IP address...it registered 000.000.000.000 with an ethernet cable connected to TWO routers...on one router I even changed firmware (tomato - nice router firmware)...how did I solve it after three days???

A) I looked once again in the manual online and saw how to change an address to a static address and then how to change it back...000.000.000.000 is as static as it can get...

B) I looked at the Subnet Mask and saw it as 255.255.255.255 which should have been 255.255.255.000...so I changed it using the directions...next...and most important...

C) The manual states that to re-set a static address back to dynamic you set the first three numbers at 255 (255.000.000.000) and then set it as described in the instructions...let it sit for 3 or 4 seconds to let the router see it again...and...voila!...fixed

My Stoker is now back online...hope this helps anyone else in my position now or in the future.

Back