Super Bowl Eats

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
Beautiful day, no big plans, decided to cook for the family with my favorite sous chef.

Our back yard is southern exposure so it felt like it was 60 degrees outside. Absolutely gorgeous day for cooking.

Started early in preparation for the main course of pulled pork sliders. Made some appetizers throughout the day. Started with an onion blossom. Need to work on my slicing technique because it "blossomed" quite a bit, but still looked cool on the plate.

Next up were roasted garlic stuffed shrooms and bourbon glazed shrmip with quacamole, both cooked on the grill with Jack Daniels oak chips.

The funky martini glasses really help the presentation. Looks like something out of the movie Beetle Juice.

Getting the pork ready was next. Skeet Jr. wore his "The Other White Meat" hat for the occasion.

The pulled pork turned out perfect - juicy and fell appart in our hands. Served the sliders 3 ways - homemade BBQ sauce, green chili or bruschetta.

So it was a great day cooking with my son and watching the Super Bowl with my family.

Thanks for looking and make it a great week!

Mark

Wow what a post! Dont even know were to start. Love it all. Would love to have some of that blossom/shroom/shrim tail/green chili/bruschetta And of course your homemade BBQ sauce one! Killer post mate. looking Sous-chef ya got there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So it was a great day cooking with my son and watching the Super Bowl with my family. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Family time is always a great thing. Great food too!

GREAT Spread Mark!
Skip the slicing lessons, the onion looks PERFECT! As do the Shrimp&Shrooms!

Very Coool Post! Love It All!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Skip the slicing lessons, the onion looks PERFECT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim - a lot of that onion is "glued" together with sharp cheddar!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Skeet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Skip the slicing lessons, the onion looks PERFECT! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim - a lot of that onion is "glued" together with sharp cheddar! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glued, screwed or stapled it looks great. The shrimp and sliders Im all over them for the shrooms not a fan but I would give those a try in a heart beat. Very nicely done.

Back