what model is this weber gas grill?

Tony C.

TVWBB Wizard
my boss gave this to me for free. it needs a good cleaning and a few new parts. i need to know what model so i can order the parts. one of the casters is missing and the peg that holds the table up is missing. otherthan that it just needs a goot cleaning. even came with a cover, but it doesn't look like it was used much.

DSCN0074.jpg

That looks like a Genesis Silver C. I had one up until recently. Mine was purchased in 2000 and was still working well. I traded it for a couple of boxes of smoke wood because I got a Genesis Silver B from my Dad. His was about 5 years newer so it made sense.

that looks like it from the schematic on weber's site. where do you find the serial# on these grills?

That's similar to the older Genesis 3/4/5000 models .. On my Genesis 2000, the model/serial number is on the underside of the burner/igniter panel (for the grill, not the side burner). You should be able to see it from underneath but if not, the panel should be removable (watch gas lines). HTH

Bill

haven't looked yet bill. AC went out friday and it's been too hot here to worry about much. i'm geting ready to throw some burgers on the kettle and will try to rember to look while i'm out there.

found it i think. there is a tag that says silver C and a serial#. but after the serial number is says "side burner" i'm heading to weber.com not to put the serial # in the schematic search.

edit...

http://weber.com/publicschematic/view.aspx?Model=2291411&Sequence=6 that was it. thanks guys. i'll call weber cs this week about a caster. i still need to get a propane tank to test her out. i swore 3 years ago i wouldn't go back to gas and gave away all 3 tanks i had.

well, i just took it all apart to clean it and saw that the crossover ignition tube is burnt out. i'm going to email the pic to weber and see if that is covered under the 10 year burner tube warranty

DSCN0077.jpg

I just scored a Genesis 1000 with 3 burners (no side burner) off Craigslist for $20 with the tank and quick-connect.

Looks like I'll need to replace the burners (my crossover burner is corroded) and the flavorizer bars. When it's all said and done, I'll probably have just over $100 in it.

Back