19lb bird at 325?

Ben L

is it possible that a 19lb bird is done at 3:40? done on a WSM 18.5, breast temp at 168, thigh temp at 172. Seems like the time is short, I am wondering if my Maverick has bought the farm?

Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben L:
is it possible that a 19lb bird is done at 3:40? done on a WSM 18.5, breast temp at 168, thigh temp at 172. Seems like the time is short, I am wondering if my Maverick has bought the farm?

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What temp. were you cooking it at and were you cooking in a WSM or a kettle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben L:
cooking at 325 degrees on a WSM 18.5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, I missed that in the title. I expect the Maverick is correct. That size bird on an 18.5 would hold a lot of heat below it.

thanks. I have just pulled the bird. will tent with foil and see what happens. There are only 3 of us eating, the rest has been tagged for Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for the LSU v. Arkansas game tomorrow.

thanks. I have just pulled the bird. will tent with foil and see what happens. There are only 3 of us eating, the rest has been tagged for Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for the LSU v. Arkansas game tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's Go Razor-Hawwgs!

My 21 lb bird was done in the oven at 325 after only 3 1/2 hours. Pretty fast cook and 2 hours faster than I expected.

Back