Silver Bullet Smoking Jacket

Only one cook, but it went well. Had winds and snow overnight and the jacket and Guru worked well. Smoke and condensation (water) will run out of the bottom. I have the eyelets installed, ran the probe wires into the WSM and put the Guru in a small plastic box with a lid on the ground. Got everything going as usual and just slid the jacket over the top. Very glad I got it!

Very easy to put on/take off. It has a semi-rigid plastic band that you put in the bottom of the jacket and it just slides over the smoker easily. Certainly cuts down on fuel usage on cold days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy Francis:
Does anybody have any experience with the guru Silver Bullet smoking jacket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've used two over the last few years, and they are great. They're easy to use. The newer ones are made of a much better material (Heavier and UV resistant), and they have a small hole in the top that you can line up with a vent. This keeps some of the smoke and condensation from gumming up the outside of the WSM. I've found that even without wind, you burn less charcoal. In any kind of wind it saves charcoal and lets you keep the temps much more stable. I use mine with a Guru Competitor, and I think the temps are more stable than my kitchen range!

Link for you.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back