Weber Kettles: Not hail proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Gardner:
My sister lives in MN and just emailed me this link to her blog:

http://brihogan.blogspot.com/2008/05/hail-damage.html

They had baseball size hail yesterday.

Looks like she might be calling up weber to order a replacement lid sometime soon.

Anyone else ever have Zeus take issue with their kettle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine came within about 4 feet of being hit by a falling tree last year,
June%202007-18a.jpg

but escaped unharmed.

my 22"kettle has stood up to many storms, i was afraid it might blow over or the lid get ripped off in strong winds but it has stood up to wind without moving. Though the ash pan is usually full help weighing it down some.

High wind usually helps empty my ash pan before I ever get around to it.

I can only imagine what that hail would have done to someone's head... My head is probably a lot easier to dent than my kettle... ouch.

My GF does claims representing for an insurance company. Just got back from Oklahoma and Arkansas for those storms. After telling her I was going to get a grill, Weber, she mentioned that she just replaced a whole gas grill, Weber. And only had slight damage to it from the Hail.

Not ethical to cheat your insurance company, but if it's out of warranty, and covered ...

Of course I told her he probably will take that money, call Weber and get whatever part replaced. She said never again is she replacing a whole grill if it's Weber. Shell call Weber herself and get the price of the part!

EDIT: Just mentioned this to my GF and she said her company called a catastrophe to Minnesota, someone on her team is just flew into there. Funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back