Three racks and a probe grommet

Brian Corey

TVWBB Member
Wow! That took a long time to scan through 49 pages in that thread!

A few questions..I would like to put three racks in my mini. First on on the top of the pot, then two lower. For those that have a set up (JHunter, I think) what are your measurements from the top of the pot down?

Where can I get a stainless grommet for a thermometer probe? I checked online, and can't find one? Should I just use brass?

Last question, I used the steamer grate as a template and drilled the bottom of my pot full of holes 5/8th of an inch wide. I wanted to keep the structural integrity of the bottom so it keep its shape over time. Do you think that will be enough (i guess I should post a pic)?

Thanks all!!!!!

I don't have temp measurments at each level but the lid was around 225 degrees or so, and the center part of the pot was noticeably warmer.

When you cook this way you will definitely need to rotate the food halfway during the cook. Swapping the top and bottom was good enough. I left the middle food on the middle.

Brian:

I have never seen stainless lamp rod, but the brass plated rod is available at Home Depot and most hardware stores. It works fine. very cheap, and is black after a few smokes. I cut to length with an angle grinder and attached with nuts, but you could probably cut with a hacksaw. Be sure and smooth the cut ends to avoid damage to the probe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Corey:
Wow! That took a long time to scan through 49 pages in that thread!

A few questions..I would like to put three racks in my mini. First on on the top of the pot, then two lower. For those that have a set up (JHunter, I think) what are your measurements from the top of the pot down?

Where can I get a stainless grommet for a thermometer probe? I checked online, and can't find one? Should I just use brass?

Last question, I used the steamer grate as a template and drilled the bottom of my pot full of holes 5/8th of an inch wide. I wanted to keep the structural integrity of the bottom so it keep its shape over time. Do you think that will be enough (i guess I should post a pic)?

Thanks all!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What jhumter said about the thermometer ...I acually just stick one in the top vent.
I put one rack as close to the top as possible and split the diference betwen it and the defuser and put in the other rack.

Back