Stick Blender

Buy it.

I use a handblender more than any other appliance save for the coffee maker. KA makes a great one.

Thanks
icon_wink.gif

I bought one last year. Very handy. Find one with lots of power. I prefer the corded. Don't want to have to leave it on the counter charging until I need it, and didn't want the frustration of it not being charged when I did.

I looked at the consumer models pretty thoroughly. I was looking for the most powerful corded consumer model.

I ended up with a L'equip. Not very many people carry them though, you have to look for them. It's two speed and has a real kick. Other than that Waring makes a semi pro that I've seen in restaurant supplies that's a beast by comparison. Had I seen that, I might have picked it up instead, but the L'equip is serving quite well. Very powerful.

L'Equip 306700 - 550 Watts

Waring WSB33 100 Watt

The Waring although 100 Watt is a different animal. It has more mass and a stronger, physically bigger motor. Just comparing watts is not the total perspective. This is similar to comparing a 2 horsepower router to a 1 horsepower shaper (if you're in to woodworking). It's a different class, it's a commercial unit.

It may not be easy, but I gotta recommend she checks the feel and fit. If you notice, the KitchenAid has a nice big rubber button and a shape which should be easy for her hand. We had one, a Braun I believe, and the thing had a terrible shape and awkward button that my wife couldn't push for more than a second at a time. It took her two hands to work it. I had no problem, but she didn't like it and it "had to go."

Bill,

I bought the KA model a few months ago. Absolutely the best stick blender I have tried. If you get that one, you won't be disappointed.

I had a 20 or so old Braun that finally died. I didn't need all the attachments that come with them now, so I settled for the Cuisinart. Between my husband's protein shakes twice a day and my soups, etc., we also use thing more than once daily. I like this model because the base detaches from the motor for easy washing.

Back