R.I.P. Brent Walton QN4U

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm sure many of you Western US comp guys know Brent Walton. I Didn't know Brent other than meeting him once at at a local BBQ Comp. when I first started smoking I met him at Red Hot and Real BBQ Comp. in Clovis, CA. Nice gentleman, took the time to chat with me, gave me a couple of tips. Super nice guy. Passed at 57 I understand. Condolences to his friends and family.

LINK TO STORY AND A VIDEO

Just saw Brent on BBQ Pitmasters season 2 the other day. Had no idea that he had passed away. Wonder what the cause was - the article didn't say.

I've known Brent for many years through the CBBQA. I'd see him at least once a year at the annual Q-Fest. Always a great guy. He will be missed.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan B:
Just saw Brent on BBQ Pitmasters season 2 the other day. Had no idea that he had passed away. Wonder what the cause was - the article didn't say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bryan, Brent suffered a fatal heart attack while he was asleep on the night of April 6, 2012.

Brent was my mentor, my coach and the best friend anyone in the world of barbeque could ever have.

Dont know anything bout him. Bet he was a great dude...And the worst part @ age 57! A sad moment 4 sure.

Back