Heres the recipe:

• Ground pork: 1 lb.?
• Coarse salt: 1/2 tablespoon?
• Rubbed sage: 1/2 teaspoon?
• Rubbed summer savory: 1/3 teaspoon?
• Ground nutmeg: 1/8 teaspoon?
• Ground marjoram: 2/3 teaspoon?
• Ground black pepper: 1/3 teaspoon

It came out well, but did'nt seem to have enough 'kick'... I don't mean heat... Just did'nt have a 'spicy' enough kick...

Any ideas?

Have you tried smoking sausage patties on the WSM yet?

I did a while back after cooking some other meats (hey, it was hot already). Threw in some additional Apple wood chips and then cut a 2 lb Jimmy Dean "log" into 1-1 1/4" thick slices and put them on the top grate over the flower pot base. Spritzed them with apple juice, Jack Daniels & honey mix while smoking.

Came out wonderful. 30 seconds in the microwave to reheat and I'm good for a week or so at breakfast.

Liked it so much I'm smoking another one tonight.

Tim,

I'd likely add some ground white pepper and some ginger, allspice or clove to that recipe (or smaller quanitities of a couple or all). I'd also some brown sugar or maple syrup but not a lot. And I'd definitely add some Aleppo pepper. If you don't have it or don't want to get it you could add a little crushed red, but Aleppo has a little heat and good flavor, crushed red has heat but no flavor. (I'd forgo rosemary; it doesn't make sense to me.)

Whatever you do, after mixing make sure your allow the mix to sit in the fridge at least 24 hours so that the flavors have some time to disperse. Fat soluble flavors, especially, need some time.

Back