Stoker (International)

PaulR

TVWBB Member
Hi has anyone heard of a stoker that has been internationally shipped?
I asked (twice) via email to get a shipping quote from Rock's BBQ company but so far no reply (it does say that they ship in th US but was not sure whether that means that they don't ship outside??). I even left a voicemail on their answering machine...
I'm not whingeing and really would like to get my hands on a stoker.
I already have a guru competitor and ordered/received spare parts from Fred only last week so at least I'll have a fall-back gadget (the Digi II).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulR:
Hi has anyone heard of a stoker that has been internationally shipped?
I asked (twice) via email to get a shipping quote from Rock's BBQ company but so far no reply (it does say that they ship in th US but was not sure whether that means that they don't ship outside??). I even left a voicemail on their answering machine...
I'm not whingeing and really would like to get my hands on a stoker.
I already have a guru competitor and ordered/received spare parts from Fred only last week so at least I'll have a fall-back gadget (the Digi II). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been my experience that expecting a reply to an e-mail from Rock is futile. I expect the same is true for voice mails. In fairness, I understand that there has been some health issues in the last month. However, I e-mailed some questions over a year ago and have yet received a reply. I've been on pins and needles since I purchased my unit, fearing the worst would happen and I would never get any service. So far, so good.

I really never tried to use email to get a hold of John at Rock. I have always picked up the phone and called him and he has answered. As a matter of fact, I just talked to him on Tuesday of this week about some probe extensions he is going to make for me. My advice is just to pick up the phone can call him. It really does work. The same is true for the folks at the BBQ Guru Place.

Thanks guys, I guess you are right and some companies don't utilise emails as much as others. Anyway I'll try to contact him on Tuesday (which is your Monday) and see how I go, dang the wait is kinda hard!
Will keep you posted if/when I order..

If, for some reason, the Stoker folks don't want to ship internationally, I would be more than happy to let you order, have the unit shipped to me, and I will then reship it to you. (This is a serious offer, by the way.) I have done the same for a friend in Canberra (actually, Yarralumla) several times and would be happy to do the same for you. (If you're hesitant about doing this, and I probably would be if I were you, I would be glad to put you in email contact with my friend as a reference.) I think everybody who likes to cook should have access to all the toys, no matter where they live.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulR:
Thanks guys, I guess you are right and some companies don't utilise emails as much as others. Anyway I'll try to contact him on Tuesday (which is your Monday) and see how I go, dang the wait is kinda hard!
Will keep you posted if/when I order.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would imagine that calling from "down under" gets a bit pricey, especially for talking to voice mail service. That might explain not returning the call, but it does not for the e-mail.

Thanks for the offer..
I have some relatives who live in San Jose so will try to order throught them (if the don't ship the stoker internationally).
So far I have had NO bad experiences with offers of help from anyone in the BBQ fraternity and as you said we all like to support each other in our mutual hobby. If I need a shipping address/support I'll definitely contact you!!
Thanks, Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken Brown:

I would imagine that calling from "down under" gets a bit pricey, especially for talking to voice mail service. That might explain not returning the call, but it does not for the e-mail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm calling via voip so it's about 2 cts a minute.. I think I can afford to make acouple more calls!
I didn't leave a phone number (just a reference to my email and my email address).
A little bit of effort in getting the gadget makes it all the more worthwhile once I have my stoker
icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Woohoo made contact with Rock's BBQ this morning and ordered my stoker!!

Can't wait (well will have to wait 6-10 days)
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fr@nk:
I mailed them yesterday about shipping to Holland, I hope to get an answer soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gefeliciteerd hoop dat je hem snel krijgt!

Congrats if they don't reply I suggest that you just call them John is very helpful and I received my Stoker today!
Only took 6 days!

Back