Wind shield?

Scott Helland

TVWBB Member
I realize calling this an "accessory" is a stretch, but I couldn't decide where else to put it...

I just got a WSM (second use in progress), and it is sitting on our deck. What kind of ways have people used to block wind if necessary on a deck? We have the guard rails to tie to as necessary. I would prefer something that is temporary and easy to remove as opposed to just screwing up a piece of plywood or something.

Any great ideas out there?

There's a ton of info over on the main site .. Check it out.
icon_smile.gif
Here's a link to some help for wind, rain and cold conditions and you should also check out cooking on a deck.

Welcome to the board.

Bill

Scott....I use a plastic drum: 1.) Removed the top and bottom (jig saw), 2.)cut in half (I did this on a table saw, for streight cuts, but a hack saw would work too), 3.)Attach halves with 2 or 3 hinges on 1 seam. Use hinges with removable pins for easier storage. You can close all of the way, or crack open for air as needed. You can also use a large plastic garbage can lid for rain. Or a clip on golf umberella.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
There's a ton of info over on the main site .. Check it out.
icon_smile.gif
Here's a link to some help for wind, rain and cold conditions and you should also check out cooking on a deck.

Welcome to the board.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had seen the cooking on a deck info, but missed the other one. Darn newbies!
icon_smile.gif

I've already learned something about this site based on your response - I frequent a lot of forums on different subjects out there, and the fact that you politely posted links to existing info instead of blasting me for overlooking it myself says a lot. (in a positive way!)
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm all ears for any additional ideas though.

Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Helland:

... I've already learned something about this site based on your response - I frequent a lot of forums on different subjects out there, and the fact that you politely posted links to existing info instead of blasting me for overlooking it myself says a lot. (in a positive way!)
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm all ears for any additional ideas though.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what makes this site so great, Scott.
icon_cool.gif
Except for the occasional skirmish (yeah, it happens here too), everyone's eager to help.

As far as additional ideas, the "search" feature here is superb, especially if you use the advanced features. While everything you requested in this post isn't covered in the links, there is a lot more info within these forums.
icon_smile.gif

Bill

Back