Ga/Fl Tailgate BBQ Cookoff... Jesup, Ga. FBA

I just entered.

Hope to get the spot in front of Ms. Pat's Laundrymat. It worked out really good last year and the people were super nice.

Russ

Do you know if my payment stuff is all taken care of? I did it online which I normally don't do and I get a little bit nervous going that route.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this comp especially after the disaster this last weekend.

Russ

Russ... I will check on that today and let you know.

We're up to 24 teams... We have room for 45 teams... Jesup is a triple Crown Qualifier for Alabama. Those teams that qualified at Dothan, Al really need to cook the Jesup event to stay on top... We'll make room for you ...

Did not occur to me to mention it but yes, I co-cooked with Tim (Flirtin' with Disaster) last year. We cook together every now and then for the heck of it. I'll be on my own this year as I'm going for the Triple Crown invitational.

Just to dovetail on your post above. If anyone is looking for a competition to try out your cooking/competion legs, this is the one. Jesup literally shuts down the streets and turns that area over to the BBQ event. In fact, last year the judging tent was exactly in the middle of an intersection. The locals are super friendly and the contest organizers make it a point to come around several times to check that everything is going good. I can't think of an event that would be a better starting point for a team getting underway.

I'll get off my soapbox and no, I don't have anything to do with the event other than competing.

Russ

We added 15 new places 40 X 20 w/ water and electricity(30 amp)for those teams arriving on Thursday. They are very near the turn in area. Please let me know if you are coming early and need a place there.

We have a special rate on Motel rooms at the Jameson Inn of Jesup (912-427-6800).

If you need anything or have any questions call me 912 256 4114.

We're looking forward to your visit to Jesup,Georgia. Come hungry!!!

I just want to thank the Cook Teams and Judges that came to Jesup for our contest. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. It was great to see BBQ friends that have been with us for several years and also to have met many new friends.

Thank you very much...!!!

This was a really great comp. We had a good time and the people were again super friendly. Bill and the guys (especially Roy) worked their butts off to make sure that the teams were comfortable and happy.

Hey Bill, what is the place to give some friendly positive feedback? I've got one or two very minor tweeks that might be worth thinking about.

Sign me up for next year.

Russ

Bill,
As always, a great comp, but I should have stayed home!!!! The comp in Beaufort ended up only having 4 teams, 2 of them were brought in by the spnsors just to cook BBQ to sell, leaving only 2 teams for 3 places!!!

I look forward to next year.

Russ, it was nice to meet you late Friday night. I am interested in a controller if yopur offer still stands.

Harry Flint

Still Smokin'

Hey Harry...

Yeah, really good to meet. Yes, my offer is still on. Once I get this season completed in early December then I'm going to get to work on it.

Russ

Back