Moisture in themometer?

Eddie D

TVWBB Member
I picked up the 22" last week and my smoker sits outside and moisture has collected under the glass on my themometer. Has anyone else had this problem should this be a concern???

Yes mine has moisture in there and has since I got it too.

I have cooked 4-5 times and it keeps coming back. Gets worse during cooks.

Thinking that a new thermo will be a necessary mod. We just need someone to make one that fits in nice looking silver holder weber has the current on sitting in.

I don't know if it's a problem but would guess no...its more of a pain than a prob.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddie D:
I picked up the 22" last week and my smoker sits outside and moisture has collected under the glass on my themometer. Has anyone else had this problem should this be a concern??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They all do it. My Ashcroft did it and so does my Tel-Tru. If you keep it out side, it's going to build up moisture behind the glass. On long cooks it usually goes away.
icon_wink.gif

I relocated my smoker to the garage when not in use to eliminate this problem. Being in the Seattle area, I pretty much have to keep my smoker and grill in the garage during the winter anyway. too much drizzle and moisture outside.

Back