Grillin' in Mexico

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
On vacation and trying to grill a bit of beef for tacos. They sell it sliced in the supermarket.

Chose something marbled that was labelled "bistec ranchero res comersa" and marinated with lime juice, garlic,olive oil and s&p.

Only have a little charcoal grill and firing up some lump. Brought down a chimney starter since we were here last year and knew they needed one.

Going to do the beef with some grilled chayote and green onion and served with tortilla.

Gotta go - charcoal is ready.

Here are some of the results. Nice tang and flavor on the beef, could have used a longer marinade (only about 2 hr at room temp) Served on 6" tortilla with the grilled veg and salsa, plus home made guac.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

Hey Mark - Sounds like a great vacation, complete with a cool weber kettle I see. lol. Think it will catch on with the Weber Engineers? lol. Take care my friend. Have a safe rest of your vacation.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Bob

Thanks Bob. They really need a Smokey Joe here.

I would have bought one for them had we driven down thru the US.

Tonight is grilled huachinango and camaron with roasted tomatillo sauce and whatever veg we come up with. Plus some grilled garlic bread.

Using a new lighter - these appear to be paraffin impregnated sticks that light easily and get things going. Have used up all the leftover lump and K, will have to buy something tomorrow. All the locals use lump at the taco stands.

Missing my Performer big time !!

Back