One Touch Silver converted to Smokey Joe Platinum

JustinL

TVWBB Pro
Thought I'd start a new post instead of continuing this one..

As a recap, I bought an 18.5" OTS on craigslist for $10. Got a shower curtain rod for $4 and a 4 pk of 1" black crutch tips for $2 from Home Depot. Cut 7 1/2" legs out of the shower curtain rod and added the crutch tips to the bottom. I got the lid lock support (Part #86921) $3, lid lock wire (Part #86824) $3.50, hardware for the Smokey Joe(Part #80805) $1.90, and the handle with the notches (Part #80772) $8.30 from weber. Drilled a couple holes for the wire and the lid lock support and we were good to go!

Here's a slide show of the process

Thanks guys! Last night I remembered I had a cheap thermometer from Lowes that I had gotten a long time back and never used so I added that this morning. The slide show above has been updated with the pics.

I plan to break it in tonight with some roadside chicken. Can't wait to see how she cooks!

A very nice job Justin. I'm sure the RS Chicken turned out great. By the way, I was a real pleasure meeting you and shooting the Que with you Saturday at Ribstock.

Thanks again everybody. The most difficult part was figuring out where to drill the holes.

Steve, it was great meeting you, your wife, Mac, Mark, and thier wives too! Hopefully we can get together sometime in the future for some BBQ.

Did you stick around for the results? I was disappointed I had to leave early but that's the way it goes sometimes. How did Mark and Mac do?

I see based on your signature you got the Lang! Congrats!

Take care,

Yep I drove the Lang home from Ribstock. Its very dirty but in great condition. Looking forward to us all getting together and doing some cooking.

Back