q use

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
curiouse how often you use yer q. due to the weather and other reasons i have used my q almost every cook.getting better at it though i do find that i keep it almost at full power no matter what i'm cooking. also i now shut the q valve off and then the tank. i don't have anymore issues with the tank valve getting mad with me. i don't like doing it that way but after messing around on many of the cooks i just said to heck with it.

Middle of winter, middle of summer and everywhere in between. I bought a Q120 to use when travelling with my Winnebago and I leave the Q220 at home. I have cooked for 10 with the Q120 - pork strips, butterflied legs of lamb and sausages when each was cooked I wrapped them in foil and stored them in an esky with an old towel on the top to keep them hot.

I also used 2 Q220s and 2 Kettles to cook a seafood extravaganza of 12 dishes for 30 people and finished off with Roast Beef and Roast Lamb.
It was a rolling meal with a dish being served about every 1/2 hour. Started serving at 2 pm and main course (lamb & Beef) served at about 8 pm.
Who says that the Q is not versatile.

Back