Serial Number Location

Doug,welcome to the forum! The serial number is more of a two digit date code, and is stamped on the upper vent. I did the same thing when I got mine. Had to call Weber CS. They are great people,as are the people on this forum. HTH

Doug, it's really not a serial number but a date code being as all WSM's made in a single year have that same code.
icon_smile.gif

Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to the forum.

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

From looking at large stacks of product boxes I can say there is a unique box identifier on the box label for performers, kettles, WSMs and joes.

In bold letters at the bottom of the label above the box dimensions, it looks something like:

HDExxxxxx yyyy(x's are integers as are y's, y's appear to be a lot code)

This number corresponds to performer serial number, but for kettles WSMs and joes only the two digit date code portion is stamped on the unit as mentioned above.

It seems strange to me to go to the trouble of creating unique box IDs but not serialize the product. I'm sure they have their reasons.

I went ahead and cut the lable off the box and taped it inside the manual just in case I need it later

Thanks, Guys. This info was very helpful to me. As a new owner of a 22.5 WSM I just registered my WSM and needed the "serial number code". Found it exactly where you said it would be - stamped on the vents. I know this an old post, but wanted to thank you just the same.

Back