looking for thermometer....

Becky M-M

TVWBB Pro
i realize i need a thermometer for my grill.... i have no idea what to get. i am sure they can get expensive... but i would like to get something for $10 - $15 if it's possible. Are they removable so that i can switch it between grills?

i am already getting the RT301WA that was suggested a while back... seems to be recommended pretty well. so i am set on that one.

suggestions appreciated.....

Becky. There's more than a few ways to measure temps at your lid. You could go with a factory looking install with a Tel-Tru or an origional Weber therm, but that takes drilling a hole, and they cost more than your budget and they are not that easy to transfer.
Easiest way IMO is to use a therm with a clip or silicone plug,wine cork or wooden clothes hanger pin to hold any therm in the top vent.

Tim

Tel-Tru makes one that (kinda) screws right into an open lid vent hole. Like this.

DSCN2212.JPG

Works Great and take it inside when you're done playing outside.
icon_biggrin.gif

Similar to Jim i'm using a Tel-Tru but not through the vent. Just a small hole it slides in and out of.
P1010005.jpg

More info here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Jim, Isn't the Tel-Tru like $40? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
this one is, yes... butt i (along with others here) found it on eBay for 12 bucks about two years ago.

Back