Moving right along

Trevor

Ok well its been a while since I posted on here, mostly due to the minor regulator disaster I had with my new 300q, but to Webers credit they shipped me one out pronto no questions asked and I was back in business by christmas day.

So recently I have been having great success with roasts, cant fault them or the vegies and a bit hit with the other half.

I have done a few nice chicken fillets (marinated like honey mustard) and a few nice steaks.

I am sondering if anyone with a 300q uses the centre burner much after the preheat? I have been turning it off and just using the outer ring...anyone else do this, if not when do you use it?

cheers

Trevor

I spent the season Demonstrating on the Q300 along with other BBQs and used both burners all the time. For roasts and indirect cooking I generally used the foil and trivet set-up. For butterflied lamb I used the trivet over the grill and for grilling I used the grill. I set the temp after preheat to 450 which was both burners on 3 1/2 strokes above low. If you are going to do a lot of meat on the grill turn both burners up to half after you put the meat on.
I don't use the hotplate, it takes 15 minutes to preheat, I use a grill mat instead.

Regards

Back