StokerLog Feature Request - Windows Shutdown

Marty T.

TVWBB Member
Hi Amir

I ran an all-night cook last night and had my laptop on the nightstand next to my bed to keep an eye on things.

Zero problems with StokerLog, but...

Windows Update came along at 3am and decided it was time to install an update and force a reboot of my computer. Fortunately, I heard the "shut down" sound and woke up to restart StokerLog.

So it'd be great if StokerLog could block shutdowns while it's running. If you add a handler for WM_QUERYENDSESSION, you can prevent windows from shutting down. Here's a blog entry that pretty much explains it: http://tinyurl.com/39s8qt

Thanks - V5 is working great for me!

Marty, I'm sure you're aware of this but I'm posting for others who may not be; until this feature is added to Stokerlog you can always setup your Microsoft Updates to download when updates are available, but prompt you to install the update vs. it doing it automatically. This is how I have my machines configured.

I have that set the same way too, but wouldnt you know it Vista sometimes just really wants to install the update and reboots anyway. It has happened to me during an overnight cook.

Back