Has anyone seen the 14 inch weber portables with the ash catcher

Mike Batsarisakis

TVWBB Super Fan
I just was at a sporting goods store and saw a weber charcoal grill portable with an air vent on the side and an ash catcher on the bottom just like the larger models. Is this new?

Sounds like the Smokey Joe Silver
41XTKHG7CWL._AA280_.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Batsarisakis: Is this new? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If its the one in rick's pic, its certainly not new, but, ime, the best cooking SJ Weber makes. The airflow from the bottom is superior. One of the very few things I can recall that I like better than the more expensive model !

Paul

I think Mike is asking if Weber has fixed the airflow problem on the gold. He said it had vents on the side. I don't think the silver had vents on the side, just the bottom through the ash catcher. Someone in a thread a while back said that weber was aware of the problem with the gold's airflow. Hopefully they fixed it. I am going to have to mod mine with a silver's ash catcher to make it properly cook.

Troy

It's not a smokey joe. I saw the grill in the camping section of Dick's Sporting goods. It had an ash catcher like the large kettles do. THe ash catcher was enclosed. It also had four legs not three. There was one side vent in the kettle. There was also one vent in the lid. Looks like it was a Kingsford. Kingsford Looks like I was mistaken. It's not a weber but I bet it works as well as one. However, it's made in China.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Batsarisakis:... It's not a weber but I bet it works as well as one. However, it's made in China. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe as well ... but not for nearly as long ..

I haven't seen the portable but I have seen the larger version and, also the rectangular version.

Paul

Back