Q100 not getting hot enough

Al Ramirez III

TVWBB Member
Lately I've been having a problem with my q100. I just doesn't get as hot as it used to. I have it connected to a 20lb tank and have disconnected it and started over opening the valve slowly on the tank then turning on the grill and lighting but no luck. I even connected a small propane bottle and it does the same thing. It still gets hot enough to cook on but nothing like it was when I first got it. Could it be my regulator is going out? I've cleaned the whole grill and cleaned the burner and I still get a portion that will not light on it. It seems the gas isn't flowing like it should. What can I do about this? Thanks!

Could be the regulator - have you called Weber? They may replace it under warranty. Otherwise, I've seen them advertised on ebay for around $25. I bought an extra burner and regulator for my Q220 "just in case!"

Also, you've probably thought about this, but the conditions make a difference on my Q220. I make sure I shield it from the wind, especially when its cold, since if the end of the cooker is pointed into the wind, the wind will take the heat off of it real fast.

Pat

Thanks Pat! I tried moving it but same thing. I bought another Q for $40 Saturday off CL as a gift for someone. I'd keep it but its so clean and is going to make a great gift. I tried that Q with the propane tank and it fires up and burns like a champ. So mine is definately not working properly. Just not sure what it could be. I guess I will call Weber and see if I can get a new regulator. Thanks again! If I wasn't so nice I'd keep the newer q
icon_smile.gif

I'm still stunned you got one for $40! That's a great deal! Let us know where you get with Weber. I'm curious to know if the Customer Service and the willingness to go above and beyond will continue after the acquisition.

Pat

Going to call them this afternoon will update when I find out. Guess I'll have to fire up the kettle this afternoon. Not like that's a bad thing
icon_smile.gif

Just an update I called Weber and a new valve and regulator is on its way no questions asked.
icon_smile.gif
Guess it wasn't just me it seems the regulator had gone bad. First time calling Weber customer service and it was great.

Back