BBQ beans-onion on the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Does anyone have some hints about cooking beans on the wsm, figure to doctor a can of bush's and put it under the next brisket. Any ideas?
Does anyone else throw an onion on the fire for the good smells?

Buzz

I always put my beans in the WSM to heat up.. A word of warning though...DO NOT use the WSM to actually COOK the beans...IT WIlL NOT WORK!!!! Just not enough heat! You can tell I been there??

I do use it to heat them up though. Keep the top off and stir whenever you mop your meat. That way the beans will pick up some smoke! Whatever dish you put them in will also pick up the smoke.....it will be VERY dirty when you are done!

Never done the onion thing...I prefer good old wood smoke I guess!

Good luck!

Stogie

On page 10 of the WSM Owners Manual, Weber suggests adding "bay leaves, garlic cloves, mint leaves, orange or lemon peel, and various spices to the charcoal for added flavor." I've also heard of the onion before, too.

I've never tried any of these, but would be interested to hear from anyone who has.

I have used onions and garlic on the coals.I used 1 whole med. onion when I did ribs a week ago. I'm not sure how much flavor is imparted to the meat but the smell coming out in the smoke sure makes people hungry. My guess is that since you can smell it some must be getting into the meat.

------------------
Good Cookin'
Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Carpenter:
. My guess is that since you can smell it some must be getting into the meat.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is my feeling to and it does smell sweet
Buzz in Nekoosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back