Stoker email default settings??

Rick Schuebel

TVWBB Member
I've accidentally altered my email settings in the Stoker. I need the "Host Name" if anyone knows it. Also, if I could verify the "Port" as 587.

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick,

The port and host name will depend on the pop3 mail settings of your e-mail provider. I use Gmail, and the port is 587. The gmail host name is smtp.gmail.com. If you don't use gmail, you should be able to find this info from your e-mail host.

Thanks guys. I have been using gmail. I did have the right settings then. I guess the program is still sending the text messages as well as emails because the tally is going up with every message sent on the Stoker log, I'm just not getting them on my phone or email. I'll reboot my BB to see if it that makes a difference. If not, I will wait until the cook is done.
Thanks again!
Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rick Schuebel:
Thanks guys. I have been using gmail. I did have the right settings then. I guess the program is still sending the text messages as well as emails because the tally is going up with every message sent on the Stoker log, I'm just not getting them on my phone or email. I'll reboot my BB to see if it that makes a difference. If not, I will wait until the cook is done.
Thanks again!
Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick, for whatever reason the e-mail seems finicky. I had a time where it wouldn't work at all, but the last few cooks have been just fine. One thing I make sure to do is check the "Enable E-mail Logging" box before I start the stoker. Probably more of a s superstition than anything, but it has been working.

Back