Couple of questions about a Silver B

Zak

I happened upon a Silver B grill at the dump one day and since it was in pretty good condition i figured i'd replace a few parts and have myself a nice grill. I had to make a new stand for it since it didn't have one to begin with but the end product came out nice. I finally got around to firing it up this past weekend and got a couple questions for those familiar w/Webers since this is my first Weber gas grill.

1) Are the burners suppost to be quiet? Every other grill i've used(non-Weber) sounds like a jet engine but the weber is absolutely quiet. The temps do spike well over 550degrees within seconds of firing it up so it seems like they're working properly.

2) Trying to figure out question 1 i noticed the regulator had a black cap on it and a allen head plastic "screw" of some sorts under this plastic cap which i though was to adjust gas pressure. I tried adjusting it in and out but noticed the flames didn't change either all the way in or out.

3) Not a big deal at all but the front burner will die when put at anything below med. The 2 other burners burn nicely all the way down but the front doesn't. Maybe it has something in the valve or tubing?? Or possibly needs the air inlet adjusted?

Thanks.

Zak,

Congrats on the find! I've had a Silver B since new quite a few years ago, so I'll take a shot at your questions:

1) Yes,my burners are extremely quiet...always have been

2) Not sure what the screw is for. I'd check mine, but I replaced the regulator a few years ago with a generic one from Home Depot (the original started leaking)

3) Try pulling the front burner and cleaning it real well...make sure all the holes are clear. Otherwise, I'm not sure

Good luck with it!

Thanks for the info. I cooked up some nice tenderloin steaks on it last weekend and did a great job. Like i said this is the first Weber grill i've had, got a WSM, but this is soo far better than any other grill i can see why people become faithful Weber fans. I already got a rotisserie for it so i'm gonna be trying some chickens and maybe a pork loin in the very near future. Now i have to decide smoker or grill from now on.

Back