Off Flame Color...

Big Al

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey guys I have a question for some of you experience gassers. It is regarding to my father who recently bought a Genesis Silver. He has the grill hooked up to his natural gas line and said that the flames are kinda an off color yellow?? I have not seen it myself as of yet because my parents recently moved pretty far away. Is this normal for natural gas?? Any concern in it?? I wish I could answer the question myself but I just don't use gassers...thanks.

Big Al

Big Al
It sounds as though your father has a propane gas system connected to a natural gas supply. They work with different nozzle sizes and you get the incorrect air/gas ratio. It doesn't burn as hot and can be dangerous. Tell your father to talk to Weber customer service ASAP.
Regards

Hmmm yeah ok thanks Phil. Ya I just got on the phone with my mom and she said the set the grill up for a natural gas connection at the factory. I'll have him call Weber.

Big Al

Big Al,
I am no gas expert, but I think it would depend on how much of the flame is yellow. I have a summit and I will see a little bit of yellow flame on high, but the flame tamers cover the burners very well and I do not see much flame at all. I would suggest taking the flame tamers off and viewing the flame at night to really see what the flames look like. If the flames are more yellow than blue, he needs to call Weber.

Good luck.
TomK

I think Weber's instructions say to check for bugs/etc in the tubes. Just because it's new doesn't mean there isn't manufacturing debris or bugs in there...
icon_smile.gif

Back