"Pimped My Weber"

A Cleland

TVWBB Super Fan
I finally decided to bite the bullet and pimp out my 22.5 WSM with the Cajun Bandit Pimp Kit. All I can say is WOWWW! Their stuff is high quality and very purposeful as well. The new high-flow SS coal ring is awesome. They have put "tabs" inside the bootom side to allow you to place your charcoal grate inside the charcoal ring. Makes for easy access and clean-up. The SS door fit is much better than the original aluminum. And the SS rotisserie ring.....just WOWWW!

Pimped out
PimpedOut.jpg

Pimped Up
PimpedUp.jpg

Just Pimped
Pimped.jpg

With the Rib-O-Lator
Rib-O-Lating.jpg

Some Yardbird stixx
MoreChicken.jpg

More Stixx
Chicken.jpg

And some ribs
Ribs.jpg

Chicken & Ribs cooked with apple and pecan chunks, dusted with Meathead's Memphis dust, and glazed with Apple City sauce & Honey.........I will post some pics of the ribs when they finish if I can stand to take the pics before consuming.......later, thanks for looking

Looks great. Mine hasn't been that clean since, ohh, about 2 hours out of the box about 7 years ago
icon_smile.gif

Enjoy those ribbies

Nice kit Alan! Is there any need for the tinfoil step when using the ribolator? It's seems like there isn't. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Nice kit Alan! Is there any need for the tinfoil step when using the ribolator? It's seems like there isn't. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do it out of habit......it does seem to help with keeping the temps a little more stable. It also helps with clean-up. Mostly, just a personal preference though.

Wayne, mine is about a year and a half old. We use barkeepers helper after each use and keep it covered inside the screened porch when not in use. I live VERY near the river (saltwater) and the air here will rust wood if you don't protect it.

Nice kit! Funny I just priced out that same kit this weekend. Told my wife it's on my wish list. Jealous!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan Cleland:

I do it out of habit......it does seem to help with keeping the temps a little more stable. It also helps with clean-up. Mostly, just a personal preference though.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Alan, I was refering to the ribs. Foil or no foil. Great looking grub by the way Alan!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan Cleland:

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Alan, I was refering to the ribs. Foil or no foil. Great looking grub by the way Alan! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Shaun, brain f*rt here. As for the ribs on the Rib-O-Lator, as you can see, they are extremely moist. I have used the R-O-L on my Jenn Air gasser in the past and they cooked very dry, in fact I had to spritz them with apple juice while cooking. On the gasser, I did the tinfoil wrap to help them moisten up and it worked well. On the WSM with the R-O-L, they were so moist and so tender that I didn't even consider it. I cooked these about 5 hours, checked with a toothpick, and it went straight through....never cooked ribs so tender before. When I went to pick them up to turn them over and sauce them, they were falling apart.

One a side note, I did 2 cut up whole chickens on the R-O-L today, and they were also falling apart at the end. There is something about the R-O-L and the charcoal that works out great. I have had ribs sweat during cooking before, but these guys were moist the entire cook. Don't know for sure what it is, but I like cooking this way a whole lot.

I hope that this answers your real question.....I AM really that dense at times. Sorry.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Corall:
Great pics of both the WSM and the chicken & ribs!
Question - Know it's stainless but how hard is the Ribolator to clean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Soap and water........Sometimes I just soak it in a rubbermaid container with water and amonia overnight, then rinse with the hose. It is stainless as well. The ads say that you can even put it in the dishwasher (haven't tried that yet).

What benefits are you seeing from the charcoal ring? Does it hold more charcoal? Burn longer?

On the fence whether to order the door/ring combo or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Smith:
What benefits are you seeing from the charcoal ring? Does it hold more charcoal? Burn longer?

On the fence whether to order the door/ring combo or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and yes. Plus, the ring is SS and will never rust out. It also fits the original coal grate inside of it. The grate sits on some bent tabs on the bottom of the ring, so lifting the ring, lifts the grate as well.

The bottom bowl-yes. The middle section-no. The lid-not every time, but frequently. Maybe just me, but it seems to keep the "sooty" smell and taste down.

As for the bottom bowl, I get the ashes out, and wipe it clean with a damp cloth, allow it to dry, and hit the cooked on goo with a 0000 steel wool.

I store the WSM with the two functional bottom vents open, the top vent open, covered, and on my screened porch.

One other thing, I clean the inside of the door after every cook.

Maybe I am just anal retentive, but that is just the way that I am. All of my grills get cleaned after every use.

Back