Genesis s-320 NG line routing

Tony S.

So, does one just allow the 10 foot hose to coil under the grill or under the table perhaps?
I ran the hard line out to the deck, used SS nipples/elbow above the deck and I am looking at the grey hose just laying on the deck right now. It said not to run the hose through a hole and under the deck.
I am thinking it would look alot better if I ran the hose right under the conrol table into the storage area (through the slot in the side) , coiling it up in there and running it out the back panel and into the quick release fitting.
I would have to make the hole in the back panel myself.

My only concern is running the rubber hose nearer the 'hot box' area of the grill

Any experiences here?
Thanks!
Tony

Tony
The reasoning behind the long length is to enable the BBQ to be moved around.
I would loop it a few imes and tie it up with zip ties under the gas control side. This way it will be out of the way, able to be moved, and wont be subject to the heat that it would if it was inside the BBQ cabinet.

Regards

Tony , how do you like your s320... I was alittle concerned about the lack of space to put things. How old is it and what was your about price you paid and did you buy new, would you rec. this grill to someone... thanks

Whoa there!
I am new to gas griling,being a charcoal guy for 'life'. Thing is I wasn't very good at it, and I have gotten lazier (Plus the wife wanted to be able to pop out and hit the burners).

So far this : I love the looks, and it is pretty well put together. I believe in the quality and durability Weber's have a reputation for.
I don't do huge gatherings so space is ok so far, though I think we might do little party soon.
We bought it brand new, so its a 2008 and I got it for $750 from Ace,assembled and delivered..."msrp $999" on the sticker, but it had a price on it of $849 normally..So $50 off end of season, $50 off the 'NG floor model' gets us to $750.
I would recommend it for the reasons mentioned above and I THINK consumer reports rated the Genesis series 'best grill under $1000'...But that covers a few different models
Tony

BTW if anyone sees this thread bump up.
I went to max out the burners to clean the grates.
It was hot today, I went in. I
I......
I took a nap. looks like 30-45 minutes.
The grill was hot. like 650 hot. The lid just under the handle now has a faint blonze like color...Doesnt look to bad...
Should I scotch brite it or something???
Tony
icon_frown.gif

Tony
No - wait until it is cool and clean with a SS polish. It will clean it up very well.
Scotch Brite pads only scratch SS polish is the way to go - make sure you follow the instructions on the can.

Regards

Back