First Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason

I am sure you will all be proud to know you are a bad influence on me. I already had more grills than what my wife considers a normal person to have. After spending too much time on this site I was motivated to buy yet another. I bought my first Weber performer. Found it on line for $100. It is red with a stainless top in great condition.

I have seen other threads about this but don’t remember what they say. How do I figure out how old it is? Also, is the darker color red around the base of the lid normal?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason:
I have seen other threads about this but don’t remember what they say. How do I figure out how old it is? Also, is the darker color red around the base of the lid normal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Congrats Jason on the Red Stainyless grill, nice score.
icon_cool.gif
Here's a link for you.
icon_smile.gif

Congrats on the Stainless Performer. I have one that I bought off CL in October and have been cleaning it, touching up the paint and waiting on replacement parts from Weber so I can finish "restoring" it.

Mine is the red, too, a 1992 model, and the red is darker around the base of the lid like you describe.

When I got mine it had sat unused for a while, so I did a real hot burn with about a whole bag of cheap WalMart charcoal just to burn off whatever might have been lurking in there.

The REAL interesting thing is that when the grill gets real hot, the color turns from red to a chestnut brown! It's pretty crazy! Then as th grill cools down, the brown returns to red!

Enjoy - after this one I'm crazy about the "reds" and look to see if I can find another one just about every day.

As for the number of grills we have, I remind my wife that it is still far cheaper than some of the hobbies I've had in the past (duck and quail hunting, skeet and sporting clay shooting - with all the shotguns - antique fountain pens, my daughter's fastpitch softball team, and others), and at least with this hobby, we can eat the fruits of my hobby labors!

Pat

Yes, I always do a double take when I cook on my REDS, the Performer bottom does turn almost brown and my Master-Touch turns almost blood red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back