Super Bowl Ribs

Kim Drana

TVWBB All-Star
Thought I would get a jump on the game and get some ribs on the grill..This rack came from Kewaskum Meats..to be rubbed with Pensys BBQ 3000
IMG_0129.jpg

Got the winter grill going with a mix of apple and cherry chips
IMG_0130.jpg

Just off the grill
IMG_0131.jpg

Plated Up with brussel sprouts...
IMG_0132.jpg

Enjoy the game!!!!!!!!!

Great pics...And i bet those ribs was finger licking good!

One question for all the Sprout eaters: Do you remove a layer of the outer leafes before cooking or just wash em.? I do both...But mine looks so pale compared to your ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
Great pics...And i bet those ribs was finger licking good!

One question for all the Sprout eaters: Do you remove a layer of the outer leafes before cooking or just wash em.? I do both...But mine looks so pale compared to your ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi
I washed them and steamed them..before I eat them I take off the outer layer...however, these were a bit under done to my liking...I was too lazy to put them back in the steamer..
I love these little guys....I am going to have to grow my own this summer...

That's a fantastic rib!

And for the sprouts: when i make them, before cooking them i remove the outer layer and cut a cross in the bottom of each sprout.

One question for all the Sprout eaters: Do you remove a layer of the outer leafes before cooking or just wash em.? I do both...But mine looks so pale compared to your ones.[/QUOTE]

At least once a week I buy a bag (5 lbs) of brussel sprouts, cut them in half lightly coat them in olive or canola oil and then put them in the oven @ 375 degrees f to roast them. I do the same with carrots that i cut up. In the course of cutting the sprouts in halp some of the leaves may come off but I make no effort to take any off.

Kim, GREAT lookin' Ribs! Love the BBQ3000! THEE BEST!
Butt what makes your grill "the winter grill"?
and that football can of Lite BEER.... why is the cap STILL on it?
and 1 more thing... that plate you plated up with all that yummy stuff (i?Brussels!) What's it say??!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Kim, GREAT lookin' Ribs! Love the BBQ3000! THEE BEST!
Butt what makes your grill "the winter grill"?
and that football can of Lite BEER.... why is the cap STILL on it?
and 1 more thing... that plate you plated up with all that yummy stuff (i?Brussels!) What's it say??!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim
This is one of the grills I picked up this summer for Christmas Mountain for $15.00..it has many dents and dings and has seen better days..however, I dont feel guilty not covering during the winter...and for the beer ...it was open and half empty already....and for the plate..I got it on clearance last year at the end of summer from Kohls...$3 dollar....wish I would have gotten a few more..they work great serving ribs....maybe they will have them again this year.....not sure if they are getting in there summer stuff yet...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that plate you plated up with all that yummy stuff BUTT! What's it say??!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that plate you plated up with all that yummy stuff BUTT! What's it say??!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It says: Liberty Ills Inc. United States
Yellow Corn Meal 100lbs Net....I am guess it a copy of a feed bag...kind of wierd...

Back