Help finding a non enhanced turkey

Mike_Mc

TVWBB Member
Hey all-

First Thanksgiving with the WSM! I am super excited to do a turkey this year...but I cannot find a non enhanced turkey that pretty much all of these recipes call for. Is it that big of a deal? If so does anyone know where I can find one and about how much they cost? I'm in the St. Louis area. Thanks so muh for all the help!

Google "fresh turkey in St. Louis" You'll see some options. I would imagine if there's a WholeFoods store they would have non-enhanced turkey.

If a whole turkey or breast says "self basting" on the cover I assume it means the bird has been enhanced?

Thanks for the help guys. I have both trader joes and whole foods not too far away. Guess I just have to step away from the big box stores. Thanks again!

I'm a huge Joe's fan. Great quality and good prices. Can't do Walmart, Sam's or Costco. Joe's has a lot of their fall/winter stuff coming in these days. Look around to see if there's other stuff that interests you.

i just find the cheapest turkey with the least amount of inhancement. more than good enough for me. i don't do anything to the turkeys except put a butter rub under the skin and use some smoke. most times i rotiss them or indirect in the kettle.

i boycott trader joe's cuz they said our town and area didn't have enough educated people here. that didn't go over well.

Back