propane tank for performer grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Berry

TVWBB Fan
I just got about a 3 year old performer off of craigslist for $85 but it's missing the propane tank. Should I just call Weber and order a new one or should I get the adaptor for a 20 lb? Any suggestions?

Finally, I have a performer to add to the family. My next goal is to get a red kettle. I know where one is in good shape and I'm thinking about just knocking on the door and asking if they will sell it..............my friends all think I'm crazy .

Michael,
if its only 3 years old, it should use the disposable green (coleman type) bottles... available at any Ace,etc... or go with the 20lb and the Q adaptor
if its older (SS work surface) model then youll have to find another 5lb bottle... you might be able to get one from weber CS but i can only imagine how much that would cost... i just got a Red Performer on CL in great condition.... it was only missing the regulator and gasline to the burner... ordered it from weber for~$50... ouch
hope that helps
Evan

Michael, The original Performers had a small 5lb tank. I purchased a 5lb tank from Cabela's which was quite a bit cheaper than Ace! Watch for sales!!

John

Thanks guys. Evan, you're right. This is the model that uses disposable and I have one that should last me thru the holiday weekend. I haven't tried it yet but I think I'm really gonna like the Performer. I may look into the adaptor later on.

Congrats on the red performer...those seem hard to come by around here, or maybe anywhere. I'd really like one of the old SS models. I'm in the Atl area and just missed a $65 Green SS performer on CL not long ago. There's a blue one on now but they're asking $200 and that seems a bit much to me.

By the way, got my eyes on a yellow kettle full of pine straw (no legs)that's in the front yard of a lake house near me. It's just a cabin and no one's ever there. Any idea when they offered kettles in yellow? It's a 22.5".

Michael,
I just checked out that blue one on ATL CL... man, id be all over that... i really like that brighter blue (compared to the darker blue they make currently)... yes, $200 is a bit high, unfortunately those SS ones sold for $400 originally(i believe) so folks seeem less willing to let em go for much less... i actually have both style performers (i have a problem
icon_smile.gif
) and both have their pluses and minuses... i really like the SS model because you can use the charcoal drawer as a cooler...
icon_smile.gif

not sure about the yellow, id think it couldnt be any newer than maybe late 80s...

Don't know where you are located but there's a SS, blue performer on CL Charleston, SC for $50

I have a problem too. I'm up to three 22.5s and an 18.5, gave 2 black ones away not long ago, and am gonna try and have all four of the Webers full Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for the response. Have a good 4th

I picked up the Performer in Charleston,SC for $50. It is in very good condition for a 1999 model. New cooking grate and it's like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back